0 votes
ago by (140 points)

Iam using Rebex.Sftp version 3.0.6391, Rebex.Common version 2.5.6391 and Rebex.Network version 3.0.6391 in my .net applications. Will the existing version supports SHA-2 ? 1 month I received the below message from customer and now the sftp transfer is failing. Can anyone please help me on this? TIA

Akamai plan to disable SHA-1 on their servers at some point this year - current date is 19th August.
We are upgrading the SSH version on the server side, which will disable all algorithms which use SHA1, including the signature algorithm ssh-rsa-sha1, originally the only signature algorithm used by ssh-rsa keys. RFC 8332 defined a mechanism by which ssh-rsa keys can negotiate the signature algorithm used, allowing users with ssh-rsa keys to use ssh-rsa-sha2-256 or ssh-rsa-sha2-512.

Next Steps: If you are using any of the following SSH-based clients, you must upgrade to a version that is equal or newer to the one listed below:
OpenSSH >= 7.2
Putty >= .79
libssh2 >= 1.11
Aspera Desktop Client >= 4.4.3
If you are not using any of these clients, no action is required.

Applies to: Rebex SFTP

1 Answer

0 votes
ago by (147k points)

Rebex SFTP v3.0.6391 already supports "rsa-sha2-256" and "rsa-sha2-512" algorithms as specified by RFC 8332.

However, keep in mind that this version is outdated and no longer supported. It was published more than 7 years ago, and was not tested with any SFTP/SSH servers published within the last 7 years.

Therefore, although disabling SHA-1 at Akamai servers might not affect you, upgrading to an up-to-date supported version is still strongly recommended.

ago by (140 points)
Thanks for the inputs