0 votes
by (170 points)
edited

Hi

I'm a new user in Rebex. I downloaded RebexSecureMail-Trial-1.0.4050.0-DotNet2.0 and installed it.

In my VS 2005 project, I put these code below

Imports Rebex.Net
Imports Rebex.Net.Smtp

Try
            'Smtp.Send(_from, _to, _subject, _body, _server, _port)
            Smtp.Send("def@gmail.com", "abc@gmail.com", "Sending Successfully", "Hello Win CE", "smtp.gmail.com", 25)
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try

But got the error below

There is no source code available for the current Location.

Could not load type 'Rebex.Net.Smtp' from assembly 'Rebex.Net.Smtp, Version=1.0.4050.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1C4638788972655D'.

How to fix this?

Thank you.

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
by (70.2k points)
edited

It seems you have bad references to Rebex assemblies in your project. Please try to remove all Rebex references and add them all manually again (Project->"Project name" Properties->References->(remove all Rebex assemblies than)->Add->Browse->brows to assemblies in the installation folder).

If you are still unable to debug your code, please download this simple project (it only includes your code and Rebex trial assemblies) and let me know whether you are able to debug this project or not.

EDIT:

I only mention the cause of the asked problem here: It is due to referencing .NET Framework assemblies in .NET Compact Framework project (or vice versa).

by (170 points)
I put KeyView.exe, 3 dll and xml under my project's assemblies together. But I still got the same error. Debugging your simple project, I got this error - http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14257 o13sm125307vch.16 (530). I already changed actual gmails into from and to. Does this Smtp.Send function support for WinCE 5.0? Thank you.
by (170 points)
Now I could send gmail from your project after setting SmtpConfiguration. But in my new ce project, I still got the bad reference error.
by (170 points)
I wrongly made a reference PC dll to ce project. Now I got these errors - "No symbols are loaded for any call stack frame. The source code cannot be displayed." and "A socket operation encountered a dead network." I test it with gmail.
by (70.2k points)
Is it possible for you to send us your CF project? We try to fix it and tell you what was wrong. It seems to be the simplest way. Please send us your project to support@rebex.net
by (70.2k points)
The first error "No symbols are loaded..." is message of the VS telling you, that an exception was thrown in a place of which you have no source code. The second error "A socket ... dead network." is tipically thrown when running in CE Emulator with network connection configured not properly.