+1 vote
by (130 points)

Having issues getting my SSL cert from the Local Computer / Personal / Certificates loaded. Fist time trying this. I get the following error

C:\ProgramData\Rebex\BuruSftp>"c:\Program Files\Rebex Buru SFTP Server\burusftpwa" svc restart
Service RebexBuruSftpWA is stopped
Service RebexBuruSftpWA is starting
Attempt to start service RebexBuruSftpWA failed
Unexpected exception
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to restart service.
   at enxhu.fqsay.yqojd()
   at enxhu.huozo.hwhpk(VerbOptionsBase p0)
   at Rebex.SftpServer.AdminWeb.Program.Main(String[] args)

Config as below.

# Bindings the web administration will use for incoming HTTP/HTTPS connections.
bindings:
  # listen for HTTP requests on localhost:8880 (this is the default binding)
  - hostname: eur-qavosftp01.emea.XXXXXX-XXXXXX.com
    port: 8880

# listen for HTTPS requests on 192.168.1.212:443, load SSL certificate from file
#  - hostname: 192.168.1.212
#    port: 443
#    certificateFromFile:
#      filePath: C:\cert.pfx
#      password: "secretPasswordForCertificate"

# listen for HTTPS requests on wa.mydomain.com:443 (IP address will be resolved on startup), load SSL certificate from Certificate store
  - hostname: eur-qavosftp01.emea.XXXXXX-XXXXXX.com
    port: 443
    certificateFromStore:
      storeName: Personal
      thumbprint: 5ef6cbb47b9e86d3c5771439816c66045f73d8e1
Applies to: Buru SFTP Server
by (140 points)
I'm having the same issue. I just tried adding my cert from my PERSONAL/MY store, and the service won't start. In Windows Services, the Rebex Buru SFTP Server Web Admin service can not start. Error 1053: service did not response to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Through an elevated command prompt, typing "burusftpwa.exe svc restart" results in "Configuration error: While parsing a block mapping, did not find expected key."

If I comment out the lines for the cert from store, and just leave it with http/8880, the web admin service starts fine.

I know my store name and thumbprint are both okay.
by (140 points)
As a test, I commented out the lines getting the cert from the store, and used the PFX file and password itself. I still get the same error messages.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (1.9k points)

Hi, could you try running the following from the command line as the service user or administrator:

burusftpwa.exe run --log-level debug

This should give you extra information why the certificate cannot be loaded

by
Hi, I have also the same error:

An exception happened during initialization of required services
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
 ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Certificate for host 'Computer' could not be loaded.
Please make sure that it is configured proprely.
 ---> scfmr.fcebb: Unable to open the certificate store (0x00000002).
by (1.9k points)
Hi,

it looks like the store cannot be opened or the certificate cannot be accessed using current user. You can try (using the same user) to get the certificate in PowerShell:

Get-ChildItem Cert:\LocalMachine\STORENAME | where {$_.Thumbprint -like "THUMBPRINT" }

Replace THUMBPRINT and STORENAME by relevant values (for Personal store, use 'My').