+1 vote
by (310 points)

Hi,

I have been attempting to use Rebex Secure Mail with Google Apps SMTP relay. According to their documentation I need to provide a domain along with the EHLO or HELO command. This is because my application requires the ability to relay from any address.

Does anyone know how this can be done through Rebex Securemail? I have been going through the documentation but I haven't been able to find it.

I am aware I can use SMTP Auth as well, but I am attempting to keep this as simple as possible since it is a multi-tenant application. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Paul

For Reference Google's Documentation On The Subject

According to their documentation:

"For the Any address option to work properly, you must configure your mail server either to use SMTP AUTH to identify the sending domain or to present one of your domain names in the HELO or EHLO command. See the instructions below for configuring your specific server type. You must also configure your mail server in one of these ways if you send mail from a domain you don't own (such as yahoo.com), or if you send mail with an empty envelope-from (such as non-delivery reports or vacation “out of office” notifications)."

Which can be found here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/2956491?vid=1-635808936245155618-3301704468

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
by (310 points)
edited by

Best answer

I found that if I just set the following Gmail will accept:

smtp.ClientDomain = "domain.you.are.relaying.for";

Gmail will accept it. Thanks!

by (58.9k points)
I see that you already found solution to your answer yourself. Thanks for posting it here. I think it might be interesting to other people and users of Rebex SMTP as well.