0 votes
by (180 points)
edited

Hi guys, I'm still not sure what product should I try, so I would comment what's my situation:

1. I am the only developer (VB.Net) in my company
  2. My boss and 4 managers required me to develop an application so that they can upload documents to a centralizaed server.
  3. I have to deploy the centralized server and client (I'm thinking on a Windows Operating System)

I think the easy part is to develop the client software using Rebex, but I don't know nothing about the server to support the clients. Does Rebex provides the client and server with their 'Rebex File Transfer Pack for .NET' product? or should I have to configure something special in our side?

Applies to: Rebex SFTP

2 Answers

0 votes
by (144k points)
edited by

UPDATE:
The new SFTP server C# component (e.g. Rebex File Server for .NET) has been released as part of release 2015R3 and can be either purchased separately, or together with Rebex SFTP for .NET client component as part of Rebex File Transfer Pack for .NET.

Hi,

1. In this case, you only need one single-developer license.
  2. Unless the application is supposed to be a web application (accessed using a web browser), Rebex components will make the uploading simple.
  3. At the moment, we offer SFTP and FTP/SSL client libraries. We are working on an SFTP server library as well (a beta is already available), but if all you need is to upload documents to a cetralized server, any of third-party SFTP servers or FTP/SSL servers will do the job.

We support two different file transfer protocols - SFTP and FTP (or FTP/SSL). 'Rebex File Transfer Pack for .NET' contains 'Rebex SFTP for .NET' and 'Rebex FTP/SSL for .NET'. Please see our protocol disambiguation page for more information. If you only need to support one protocol (which seems to be the case), you don't need File Transfer Pack, but one of its parts. SFTP protocol is more firewall-friendly. On the other hand FTP and FTP/SSL support is part of Windows Server operating systems and no third-party server software is needed.

0 votes
by (180 points)
edited

mmm ok, but is there some recommended SSH Server software that best works with Windows Server and Rebex software?

by (144k points)
edited

Yes, there is - check out the "Recommended and tested SFTP servers" section here.