0 votes
by (150 points)
edited

Hi

I keep getting this errormessage: Synchronous calls are not supported on non-blocking sockets. Set Blocking=true or use the asynchronous methods.

It happens after I started to try to use CheckConnectionState(). I first expected CheckConnectionState() to raise an Exception when there was no connection, but that didn't seem to be the case, so I tried it the other way around. Now I (still) don't get an Exception, but when I call Login after CheckConnectionState() I get the above message.

I don't understand the message at all, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything. Also I cannot find any reference to Blocking anywhere?

My problem is, that I keep loosing my connection to the ftp-server. I tried several servers and it seem to be the same with them all. I tried KeepAlive() and GetCurrentDirectory(), but I still have to connect and login again.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Poul

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL

2 Answers

0 votes
by (58.9k points)
edited

Best answer

This was a bug in Ftp.GetConnectionState/CheckConnectionState methods which only manifestated itself in Compact Framework version of Rebex FTP/SSL. It has been fixed in release 2013R1.

0 votes
by (58.9k points)
edited

Hello,

the CheckConnectionState method should really throw exception when no connection is available. Could you please try the latest trial version and see if you get the same error? If yes, please send us a log which can be created as described in this article.

Regarding the lost connection: Could you also send us a log of one of the server with that you are loosing connection?