0 votes
by (120 points)

Hello,
we are testing websocket functionality on our Windows CE 2013 with .Net Framework 3.9.
When I set a breakpoint, Visual Studio crashes in both the 2017 and 2013 versions and restarts without error message.
Without the Rebex components, debugging works fine. Do we have something else wrong or is it the trial version?
Here is the code:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using Rebex.Net;

namespace Test_Websocket_Rebex_Test
{

class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("Welcome to C# on Windows Embedded Systems");

var client = new WebSocketClient();

client.Connect("wss://socketsbay.com/wss/v2/2/demo/");
             // send a message
            client.Send("Hello World");
            Console.WriteLine("Message send waiting for answer");

// receive response
            //string response = client.Receive<string>();

// display it
            Console.WriteLine("Answer received");
            Console.WriteLine(response);
        }
    }
}

I simply add a breakpoint at Console.WriteLine("Welcome to C# on Windows Embedded Systems"); and hover with the mouse above "console" After a few seconds VS restarts

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)

Are you debugging on a CE 2013 device or an emulator? We'll give this a try. We have been fortunate enough not to have to debug anything on CE 2013 recently, and we have not been testing this manually, so it's possible some tweak broke the functionality.

Also, in the meantime, please try using an older build of Rebex WebSocket library - does this crash the debugger as well? (Use Rebex.Licensing.Key = "==AaU2E8kAvt3drKqt2OWP9Pbjx9s2FrHnf6rzN+zwV6s4=="; with this build.)

by (110 points)
Good morning,

the old version is looking better. It was possible to Debug in Visual Studio 2013. I hope that it will help to find the difference..
by (110 points)
Hi, thanks for your fast help. The behavior of the new version is the same like the orignal version. Only the old version is not crashing. I testet it with the same license key of the older build. Or do I hate to take another key?
by (144k points)
Thanks for testing! The key is fine for all trial releases.
Fortunately, we were able to reproduce the issue, and the following set of binaries hopefully resolves it:

https://www.rebex.net/getfile/a5fd7d46b8fd4b59aab1a06e1ceb2925/RebexTotalPackLegacyCF-R5.8-Hotfix2-Trial-Binaries.zip (TLS 1.2)

https://www.rebex.net/getfile/e99f0feb7fb1453cad9ace786b5af692/RebexTotalPackLegacyCF-R6.3-Preview3-Trial.zip  (TLS 1.2/1.3)
by (110 points)
Hi,

good news and bad news. ;-)

I tested on both versions the websockets:
R5.8: Mouse over is working. But the connection between debugger and visual studion breaks if I try to connect.
client.Connect("wss://socketsbay.com/wss/v2/2/demo/");

R6.3 Preview3: Mouse over and the socket connection is working correct.

Thanks for your help!
by (110 points)
Hi,
R6.3 Preview3:
I checked the httpRequest with the HttpRequestCreator.

It looks good. It works.

Have a nice weekend.
by (144k points)
Thanks for testing! However, for me RebexTotalPackLegacyCF-R5.8-Hotfix2-Trial-Binaries.zip  works fine - unlike the official R5.8 build and Hotfix1, which both crash the debugger and Visual Studio. Are you sure you have indeed used the new DLLs from the R5.8 "Hotfix2" ZIP file?