0 votes
by (210 points)
edited

Hi,

I am using Rebex component for crawling e-mails through different email accounts. My new requirement is to crawl emails inside sub-folders also. I can see that IMAP (Yahoo/GMail) provides sub-folder level crawling also whereas for POP3 accounts(Hotmail) there is no provision to crawl through sub-folders. Can anyone suggest how to crawl through subfolders of POP3 account(Hotmail) OR Can I have IMAP settings for Hotmail account?

Regards Sanjay

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail
by (210 points)
edited

Any latest build of Rebex supports this feature?

1 Answer

0 votes
by (13.0k points)
edited

Best answer

POP3/ IMAP difference

With POP3 protocol you can access only one folder (typically the Inbox). The POP3 protocol does not include any support for subfolders. If you need this functionality please use IMAP.

Hotmail and IMAP

As far as we know, the only way to access subfolders on Hotmail is through Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync protoocol, which we don't support at the moment. Sorry!

by (210 points)
edited

Can you please suggest any other components like REBEX for crawling emails which supports POP3 subfolder level crawling also? I am also searching more on this.

Thanks Sanjay

by (144k points)
edited

There is no component (Rebex or other) which supports subfolders using POP3. The POP3 protocol itself lacks any kind of support for subfolders.

by (210 points)
edited

Thanks for valuable feedback.