0 votes
by (120 points)
edited

I am maintaining some C# and VB6 code that uses Rebex ftp. These are MS Windows application, not web applications. All developers who wrote the code I am maintaining have left the project so I am having to figure out how to use Rebex for a new windows application I am writing in C#.

Here is my question. I notice in the C# code at the top of the source code that they have a using statement "using Rebex.Net"

But I don't see how they are referencing any type of Rebex dll file. I did a search of my hard drive and discovered two files Rebex.Net.Ftp.dll.refresh and Rebex.Net.ProxySocket.dll.refresh. Odd since I excpected these files to just have a .dll extension and not the .refresh extenstion?

If these are the appropriate dll's then how do I reference them in my project? What I have tried is the following, but it does not work. 1. Right click on the references folder in the Visual Studio IDE for the project I have created.

1. Select "Add Reference" and go to the "Browse" tab. Select the Rebex.Next.Ftp.dll.refresh Step 2 fails and I get this error message in a popup message box: A reference to 'C:\Project\Rebex.Net.Ftp.dl.refresh could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM oomponent.
Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL

2 Answers

+1 vote
by (13.0k points)
edited

.dll.refresh files

Rebex.Net.Ftp.dll.refresh is most probably a file created by a Visual Studio Web Site project. Web Site projects don't have a project file (in which the path to the referenced library is usually stored). The Rebex.Net.Ftp.dll.refresh is a plain text file and should contain the full path to the real Rebex.Ftp.dll.

From http://monsur.xanga.com/437206798/dllrefresh-and-aspnet:

If web projects in Visual Studio 2005 don't have project files, how do they know where to get external references?

It turns out, the answer lies in these simple but scary *.dll.refresh files that litter the bin directory. Every time you add an external reference, you'll find a dll.refresh file right next to it.

To use it in a Winforms application just add reference to the dlls from the path specified in the *.refresh file. If the dll files are located on the network share you may need to copy them to the local disk first.

How to start developing with Rebex FTP

If you are new to the Rebex FTP you may also want to read the Quick Start Tutorial or check code from samples. You'll find there plenty of ready to use sample code for common tasks.

+1 vote
by (290 points)
edited

Hi,

You have trying to add refresh file in project. Please add the Rebex.net.dll from your hard drive. Please search in bin/Release folder where you save the ftp setup. If you have installed the setup then you can find in C://Program Files/Rebex/.. Folder.

Hope this will help you.

Regards
Shwetamber Chourey
India