0 votes
by (120 points)
edited by

I have one scenario where i am reading email contents using Rebex MailMessage and in that attachment only finds "encoder.buf" file as attachment though same email have actual attachment as "Test.pdf" attached.

Also i want to share this with u guys,visually i only sees "Test.pdf" as attachment but while processing program only process "encoder.buf" file which is hidden i guess.

Please suggest me how to hook into this case.

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
edited by

Hello, we would need to see the message structure to determine what's going on. If the message doesn't contain any personal information and you are allowed to shared it with us, that would be the easiest option - just mail it to support@rebex.net (in a ZIP file to prevent mail servers along the way from interfering in the message structure).

UPDATE:
The analyzed message showed that the attachment is using Content-Transfer-Encoding: uuencode.
In such case, the file name is taken from uuencode header if it exists.
The analyzed message contains uuencode header and specified the 'encoder.buf' as a file name.

We are considering to add an option, which will enable to prefer file name from MIME headers instead of uuencode header.

by (120 points)
I have sent u an original email for reference on "support@rebex.net".