0 votes
by (140 points)
edited by

i'm testing rebex to buy for a company, but i'm having trouble with threading.

i'm getting many catch with error "Cannot send command to the server because the response for previous one was not received."

i try put some locks on code, but is very slowly to process.

This company has 3000+ employees and i'll process all mailbox.

Other error that i'm having is

"Invalid UUEncode line 'M("@("@("@("@("@("@("@("@("@("@MIME-Version: 1.0'. Data length is not a multiple of 4."

"Invalid UUEncode line 'MR49BA)>1_&%IE0%.-IHFM96:MIME-Version: 1.0'. Data length is not a multiple of 4."

How can'i resolve it ??

Other, what command can i send in custom to impersote a mailbox ?
i'm using in login with plain, but can i try using custom.

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)

1) For information on "Cannot send command to the server because..." error, please see this response.

2) Does the structure of the e-mail that triggers the "Invalid UUEncode line" error resemble this? If it does, it's UUEncoding might be broken. If not, it might have been detected as an UUEncoded email by a mistake. In both cases, we would need to get a sample of such email to be able to look into this.

3) With Rebex IMAP and POP3 objects and Microsoft Exchange, Outlook.com or Office365, use the following userName format to achieve impersonation: "domain/username/mailbox".

by (140 points)
by (144k points)
Thanks for the sample! It looks like this is in fact an UUEncoded email, but its structure really is broken, as there are random occurrences of "MIME-Version: 1.0" string among UUEncoded data, and a proper ending is missing. We can add a workaround for this (we could either stop processing broken UUEncoded attachments or skip invalid lines - let us know what you prefer), but the proper course of action would be to fix the problem at the source (which means the sender in this case).
by (140 points)
Thx!!!

using zimbra, this email show as text, if possible, return as plaintext will be perfect, but skip invalid lines is great.

yes, this was solved in sender, but we have some old emails(this case), and we don't know if can occur again.
by (140 points)
When can'i use the update to test ?
by (144k points)
edited by
Please download the hotfix from (-removed-) and give it a try.
by (144k points)
Our latest release includes this workaround: https://www.rebex.net/secure-mail.net/history.aspx#2019R4.1