0 votes
by (420 points)
edited by

When connecting over SSH to a Linux server, I need to set the current shell interpreter to perl. How can I do it?

by (70.2k points)
I am sorry, I do not understand what exactly you want to achieve using Rebex components.

Is your question related to Rebex SSH client or server?

For Rebex SSH client - shell interpreter is related to the server, so you should ask at the server side for help.

For Rebex SSH server - shell interpreter cannot be changed. The server has its own simple shell, which supports only couple of commands (most of them was added just to enable SCP support). You can write your own interpreter, but it would require a lot of work.
by (420 points)
edited by
I have a SSH client connecting to a Linux machine. After successful authentication, bash is started by default for accepting commands. Is there a possibility to have perl instead?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (70.2k points)
selected by

Best answer

It seems that your question is not related to Rebex components.

You want to set up your default shell on your server.

Please, check this topic, it seems it describes what you need: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13046192/changing-default-shell-in-linux

by (420 points)
Actually I do not want to change the default shell on the server, I want to enable another one than the default. Is it possible using the Rebex components?
by (420 points)
edited by
I mean some kind of Options.Shell = "perl"
by (70.2k points)
No, there is no such option like Options.Shell = "pearl".

There is no shell interpreter on the client side. The client only send user-keyboard-input to the server and read the server responses. How the user-keyboard-input is interpreted on the server is the matter of the server not the client.