0 votes
by (420 points)

Is this something that is coming up/planned in the next versions? I would like to let my application run on .NET Core using the .NET Standard version of Rebex.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
selected by

Best answer

Yes, this will be supported on .NET Core 2.x / .NET Standard 2.x in the next release. A beta is already available - if you would like to give it a try, please contact us at support@rebex.net.

by (420 points)
That's great! Do you have a time frame for the release? Because if it is in the near future, I would take the release version (this is not critical for me right now). Also, does this new version include the CertificateStore.AddCertificate() method?
by (144k points)
It's currently planned for 'early 2019', but we will refrain from sharing exact estimates.
by (144k points)
But please note that CertificateStore.Add() method (which replaces the AddCertificate method) is already available in the current .NET Core / .NET Standard version of Rebex components.
by (420 points)
Thanks for the hint! And also, CertificateIssuer.Issue with private key generation is changed. Can I read somewhere about how the new API should be used to also generate the private key?
by (144k points)
by (420 points)
Thanks a lot, that really helped!