0 votes
by (120 points)

I have purchased the Rebex to use with Handheld devices, winMobile 6.5 and WinCE. I added what I believe to be the correct code, and I get the error.
Error while sending request: Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: Unable to resolve hostname. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known

Then I tried the 2 Sample application that Rebex provided and I get the same results.
Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: Unable to resolve hostname. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known

at Rebex.Net.HttpRequest.byxt() at Rebex.Net.HttpRequest.byxs() at Rebex.Net.HttpRequest.byxr() at Rebex.Net.HttpRequest.GetResponse() at Rebex.Samples.MainForm.connectClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm) at Rebex.Samples.Program.Main()

1 Answer

0 votes
by (70.2k points)

It seems that your device has no connection to internet.

Are you able to connect to any site (e.g. http://test.rebex.net) using built-in web browser from your device?

To run Rebex components, we need functional network. Please note that "System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known" was reported by the system socket, which is unrelated to Rebex classes.