0 votes
by (200 points)

Hi,

Is there any way to encrypt Zip file content list with your current Rebex.Zip ? Looks like right now only file content is encrypted but someone can still browse the zip file and see files inside even though its encrypted?

Thanks

Applies to: Rebex ZIP
by (200 points)
I think I found my workaround. Double zip would do the trick. (First Zip with password and then zip again with password)

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
selected by

Best answer

This is part of Strong Encryption Specification (SES) format. Even though we could easily add support for it, we are not allowed to do this because SES is a "patented technology" and PKWARE refused to grant us a license:

"Regarding your request for a license for the Single Password Symmetric Encryption technology, PKWARE is discontinuing this licensing program and no further licenses will be issued under it. We are unable to grant your request." - PKWARE, Inc.

Sadly, this means we can't add support for ZIP content list encryption. Sorry! If we were allowed to, we would this feature a long time ago.

Double-zipping approach you used is the recommended workaround for this, and it's sufficient to only encrypt the second ZIP.