0 votes
by (150 points)

Hi all,

We are trying to get the experimental HTTP library working with our Windows CE 6.0 application, but we're running into some issues.

We have added the required code to the Form1.cs file to get the HTTPS code injected correctly into the WebRequest assembly. We are able to compile the application successfully to a CAB installer, and then install the application on the device, but the "loading" hourglass animation keeps going for a while then presents us with the following error:

Error
Shipper.exe
TypeLoadException
Could not load type 'Rebex.Net.HttpRequestCreator' from assembly 'Rebex.Http, Version=1.0.6102.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=##########'.

I've not copied the public key token in case I copied it into this message incorrectly.

We are using the HTTPS library found on this page: https://www.rebex.net/https/ and we're using the CF 3.9 libraries in our CE 6.0 application. We were able to get it working to a degree on a specific page of our application but hit an issue when we moved it to be application-wide.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. If there are any questions that need answers for greater assistance to be provided then please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

Shafiq.

Applies to: Rebex HTTPS

1 Answer

0 votes
by (15.2k points)
selected by

Best answer

Hi Shafiq,

What .NET Compact Framework is installed on your CE 6.0 device? According to our knowledge .NET Compact Framework 3.9 is not viable on CE 6.0 devices. So, probably using correct version of our libraries fixes your issue. Please find out what version of .NET Compact Framework uses your device and use libraries of that version accordingly.

Pavel Matyska
Rebex.NET

by (150 points)
Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your response. We found out that there was a CAB file build issue that we had to resolve. We also noticed that our project was actually a CF 2.0 project (we inherited the project so we're still learning about it).

We were able to switch correctly to using the CF 2.0 libraries, and we could build and accept the certificate as was given in the examples.

Thanks for your help.
by (15.2k points)
I am glad to hear that you successfully resolve the issue.