+1 vote
by (240 points)

Hi All,

I have alot of PowerShell scripts that use Rebex.Net.sFtp but now have a need to use Rebex.Net.Ftp. The site that I am connecting to requires us to use Port 990 (SSL/TLS Implicit) I have found examples where is says to use connect(hostname, SslMode.Implicit) but when I do that in PowerShell it does not like the second argument. Does anyone know how to handle in PowerShell?

Thank You in Advance,
Scott

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (58.9k points)
selected by

Best answer

Hello Scott,

thanks for using Rebex products!

Here is a powershell script that connects to the Ftp server on port 990 with implicit TLS/SSL mode:

Add-Type -Path "c:\Program Files (x86)\Rebex Components 2015 R3.1\bin\net-4.0\Rebex.Ftp.dll"

$ftp = New-Object Rebex.Net.Ftp
$ftp.Connect("test.rebex.net", [Rebex.Net.SslMode]::Implicit)
$ftp.Login("demo", "password")
$ftp.Disconnect()

FYI, Rebex.Net.SslMode is an enum, working with enums from PowerShell is a bit tricky and is discussed e.g. at this Microsoft site.

by (240 points)
Thanks Tomas! That worked.
by
Hi
We have been using Rebex to upload and download files using vb.net.  Recently one of our client is switching to TLS 1.2.  I tried to use the client.Connect(hostname, SslMode.Explicit)
 and I'm getting error message "Sslmode" is not declared.
Is there a library I need to include? Te version of rebex we have is 4  yrs old.  
Is there a sample code that I can use fopr TLS1.2 ?
by (144k points)
Rebex.Net.SslMode enum has been available since 2012. Make sure you reference Rebex.Ftp.dll, Rebex.Networking.dll and Rebex.Common.dll from your application and try recompiling it then.