0 votes
by (290 points)
edited

Hi, I am brand new to Rebex and would like to ask for help. Currently, we have a winform application that displays all the incoming emails to a public folder from external customers in a datagrid. If an email is opened by a customer representative (CSR), we will display the "LOCK" icon next to the selected email to prevent another CSR from opening it. We want to have the ability to display the full name of the CSR who opens the email under a column "Locked By". I have all the essential logic to make this happen; however, I don't know how to make the CSR's name available to other CSRs that are also using the application.

A good example of this is how MS Excel works, except my application is WinForm.

i thought about saving the CSR's name into a table and read from it. But somehow I don't think it is very efficient since our application is refresh in a short interval. Is there a property in Rebex.Net.ImapMessageInfo that I can use to save the full name to and have it available to all users?

Thank you.

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail
by (58.9k points)
edited

Hi,

is your application the only one that will connect to the actual IMAP server or will there be (possibly) also other IMAP clients?

by (290 points)
edited

Our application is connecting to Exchange Server and use Rebex as IMAP client. There was a suggestion to use the ImapMessageInfo Header to capture the CSR's name. If you have a robust approach, I am interested to hear from you. Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (58.9k points)
edited

Hi,

unfortunatelly IMAP protocol itself is not suitable for a robust solution to the problem you described. It might be possible to reach something through setting a keyword of an IMAP message (see forum question about IMAP keywords for more details) but this will not be a robust solution as there is no locking support in the IMAP protocol. So imagine that some other client might simply delete your special keyword (being totally unaware of your usage of keywords).

So summing it up it will be the best for you to only use Rebex to fetch the messages from the Exchange server, and program the rest in a different way.

Please note that this is not a limitation of Rebex IMAP component but rather of the IMAP protocol itself.