0 votes
by (120 points)
edited

I'm running the FTP.NET WinForm Sample Client and when I initiall connect and upload a file it transfers succesfully and the response says it transferred something (> 1 file (322811 bytes) transferred in in 0.2031887 sec at 1551 KB/s) but the file shows a size of 0. If disconnect and connect using a command prompt and list the files, the file I just uploaded is of size 0 so I know the file is empty.

If I start all over and upload a file using the WinForm Sample Client and then upload it again and overwrite the first one uploaded it goes through and the file now has a size.

Is this normal for the trial version? Or am I missing something?

-Don

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL
by (144k points)
No, this is not normal for the trial version and I don't think you are missing anything. Would it be possible to copy&paster the communication log from the WinForm Sample Client (in the bottom part of its window) here? That might make it possible for us to tell what is going on. You can edit your original post to include the log.
by (144k points)
Is there any news on this? Have you been able to solve this or produce the communication log?

1 Answer

0 votes
by (120 points)

Lukas, Thanks for the replies to this. The error was with me and my understanding of Active vs. Passive. In my testing I was using Passive. Once I turned it off the file transfers were fine. Thanks.