0 votes
ago by (120 points)

We have just started using the FTP service in Rebex SFTP (the SFTP has been live for a couple of years) we previously used an old installation of another software.
When sniffing packages i see a lot of "FTP 93 Response: 550 Path contains invalid characters." And i see that some of the systems that sends files to our FTP uses characters like "|" and ":" not sure how the old software handled it, but i think it just ignored those characters writing the files.

Would it be possible to enable some kind of rename/ignore in the server to work around this. I know the real issue is that Windows/NTFS doesnt support those characters in filenames.

Best regards
Mats Sörhuus

Applies to: Rebex SFTP, Rebex FTP/SSL
ago by (1.9k points)
Hi Mats, is this related to Buru SFTP Server?
ago by (120 points)
Kind of, we didnt have this issue before, so i think the old server did some translation of the characters or ignored them.
ago by (120 points)
And to be clear, the main issue is in the other end, so we will try to have enerything corrected in that way too.
But if it would be possible to have a workaround on the server side it would help us to have the services running.
ago by (1.9k points)
I see. There is currently no setting in Buru SFTP Server which would replace or remove invalid characters. I will create a ticket for this improvement, but it won't be available anytime soon I am afraid.

Please log in or register to answer this question.