0 votes
by (220 points)

Hi Team,
I have a valid Rebex License Key issue for Websocket Connections which is not working anymore with the project(MAUI), but when I am running it with Integration test it works fine.
Note that we are doing Migration from Xamarin to MAUI, and it works fine with the Xamarin, but causing issues with the MAUI App.

I tried checking with trial key also, but trial key also works only for 1-2 days, after that it shows the same issues.

{Rebex.Net.WebSocketException: Your trial version is too old. Please contact support@rebex.net to get a suitable trial key.
   at Rebex.Net.WebSocketClient.ConnectAsync(Uri uri, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at blwql.tomsx.bypki(Exception p0)
   at blwql.tomsx.ahtfs(Exception p0)
   at blwql.shwhy.bgsps(Task p0)
   at Rebex.Net.WebSocketClient.Connect(String uri)
   at iService5.Services.WebsocketService.WebsocketService.StartNewConnection() in /Users/ranjith/Documents/WorkSpace/iService5_MAUI_Project/iService5/Services/WebsocketService/WebsocketService.cs:line 119}
Applies to: Rebex WebSocket

1 Answer

0 votes
by (147k points)
edited by

Your Rebex WebSocket subscription expired in December 2023. That means your license is valid for Rebex WebSocket v7.0.8720 or earlier, and you can use those releases without any limitations.

To get a suitable key for these versions, log into our website and get your key.

However, your license does not cover Rebex WebSocket v7.0.8755 and later. To use these recent versions, you would have to purchase a license for another year.
Alternatively, if you would just like to give them a try, use this 30-day trial key:

Rebex.Licensing.Key = "==ACFj30fwYDYRTq9Yppx4QDbe1NdpdeH0fHwDMbWKhY5E==";
by (220 points)
Do you mean expired in 2023?(not 2013)?

We tried with the trial key as well, trial key also worked only for 1-2 days, after that it started showing the same license key issue, and it works fine with the integration test.
by (147k points)
Yes, you are right. December 2023 is the correct date. I updated my original response as well. Sorry for the confusion!
by (220 points)
Thank you for the quick response, but We tried with the trial key as well, trial key also worked only for 1-2 days, after that it started showing the same license key issue, and it works fine with the integration test.
by (147k points)
Have you tried the trial key I posted above? That one should be suitable for all versions, regardless of their release date.
by (220 points)
i will try and update you, thank you
by (220 points)
The above provided key works fine for now, but then every new key works fine for 1-2 days.
I will confirm you here again after couple of days may be.
Thanks for your time.
by (147k points)
That's very strange - the key should either work for 30 days, or not at all. Unless system date/time is being shifted or something like that...

Additionally, the error you reported comes from Rebex WebSocket 7.0.8657, published on 2023-09-13. That was before your support contract expired, so there is no need to use any trial key at all. Just go to https://www.rebex.net/account/nuget/ and get your full license key.
by (220 points)
Yes yes, we will do a downgrade also, thank you.