0 votes
by (220 points)

Trying to evaluate if I can make Rebex.Http.dll to work on Wince 5.0 and PC.

Downloading the trial license on Feb 2, 2024, I followed the example to write a small test program with 3 dll files in Rebex Components 7.0.8755\bin\net-3.5. The test program could work on PC with message: "Result: Hello World from test.rebex.net. Server time is 2024-02-11 06:54:32."

Running the same test program with 3 dll files from "Rebex Components Legacy CF R5.14\bin\netcf-3.5" on Wince 5.0 dev Set-Top-Box, I got the following exception.

The test problem uses the same trial license key. The WinCE 5.0 Set-Top-Box shows the correct local time.

Do I need to get a special trial license for "Rebex Components Legacy CF R5.14"?

Thanks,

Weiwan

-- Exception in StartClient: System.Net.WebException: System time is wrong, unable to check the trial license key. ---> sdblv.frzrs: System time is wrong, unable to check the trial license key.

at sdblv.ngtvl.ynkyd(wshxt p0)
at Rebex.Net.HttpRequestCreator..ctor()
at Rebex.Samples.Program.MyRebexTest()

Exception :WebExceptionSystem time is wrong, unable to check the trial license key. at Rebex.Net.HttpRequestCreator..ctor()
at Rebex.Samples.Program.MyRebexTest()

Applies to: Rebex HTTPS

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (144k points)

This error is indeed supposed to indicate that the system time is in the past, but perhaps something went wrong. Does the error occur with the following key as well?

Rebex.Licensing.Key = "==AS28oen2DeLhfGycGFobVvJTzgLkyj1jnDtpTzyDP/90==";
by (220 points)
edited by
Hi, Lukas:

Thanks for your quick response. I found the race condition on Wince device which sync the time late. After fixing the bug, the license problem went away.