0 votes
by (140 points)

I'm having an issue setting the Buru SFTP web admin portal to work with my wildcard cert.

I have it set in my server's personal cert store. I just tried adding it in to the webconfig file, and the service won't start. In Windows Services, the Rebex Buru SFTP Server Web Admin service can not start. Error 1053: service did not response to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Through an elevated command prompt, typing "burusftpwa.exe svc restart" results in "Configuration error: While parsing a block mapping, did not find expected key."

If I comment out the lines for the cert from store, and just leave it with http/8880, the web admin service starts fine.

I know my store name and thumbprint are both okay. As a test, I commented out the lines getting the cert from the store, and used the cert's PFX file and password itself. I still get the same error messages.

Applies to: Buru SFTP Server
ago by (100 points)
Hi! I'm sorry to comment here. I am experiencing the same issue. Tried password and tried from Certificate store but still getting that same error.

Followed the comments here changing ports, checking for spaces, tabs but still nothing.

[ERR] Configuration error: While parsing a block mapping, did not find expected key. (Line: 12, Col: 2, Idx: 781
ago by (1.9k points)
You can try either the editor in Web Administration (v2.10.2 and newer) which should highlight YAML errors, or one of the publicly available YAML online validators (search for YAML validator or YAML linter). Please be careful what you share on these sites - never include sensitive information, such as passwords.
ago by (1.9k points)
If you need further assistance, you can send the configuration file to our support email (omit sensitive information) a we can check for you. I'd be very surprised if there error wasn't on the location mentioned (line 12).

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (1.9k points)

Hi, this looks like YAML syntax error.

Can you post here or send us the configuration file (with sensitive information replaced)?

by (1.9k points)
Ok I checked the output, it seems that after all it boils down to a socket error (see at the bottom). Please make sure there is no other program running at port 443 or 8880 (IIS?)
by (140 points)
I can replicate it continually. If I add a space in front of the suppress line when it is not commented out, burusftp init fails with an error at that line. If I remove the space, burusftp init works fine in an elevated command prompt.

The webconfig.yaml file has been shared via OneDrive
by (140 points)
Thanks Lukas! I set the secure port to be nonstandard, since I do have something else on that server using 443. After that, I was able to start the web admin service
by (1.9k points)
I have to thank YOU for providing all this feedback! Thanks to this I can improve error reporting so future users won't have to go through such labor :)
by (1.9k points)
Regarding the whitespace - now it makes sense to me. If you add a whitespace before non-commented line, it changes the meaning of that line. Specifically, it instructs YAML to append it to the object represented by previous block in the same indentation level.