0 votes
by (140 points)

Hi,
since I have updated Rebex.Mail to version 6.0.8372 I have started having problems with the mail load, for some mails the command Rebex.Mail.MailMessage.Load(byte[] data) returns an exception

System.NullReferenceException
HResult=0x80004003
Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source=Rebex.Mail
StackTrace:
at kdtpl.zuplm.rnrto(String p0)
at Rebex.Mime.Headers.MimeParameterList.zkrdk(ctygm p0)
at Rebex.Mime.Headers.ContentType.bpezc(ctygm p0)
at Rebex.Mime.MimeHeader.fdqhx(String p0, String p1)
at Rebex.Mime.MimeHeader.get_Value()
at Rebex.Mime.MimeEntity.jqwiv(Encoding p0, Encoding p1)
at kdtpl.kmpif.tzdze(Byte[] p0, Int32 p1, Int32 p2)
at kdtpl.kmpif.uaeta(Byte[] p0, Int32 p1, Int32 p2, Boolean p3)
at kdtpl.khhpg.nmpsc(Boolean p0)
at kdtpl.khhpg.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 index, Int32 count)
at Rebex.Mime.MimeEntity.qbeow(Stream p0, Boolean p1)
at Rebex.Mail.MailMessage.Load(Stream input)
at xxxx..(Byte[] buffer, String folder, Boolean pec)

I did several tests with previous versions and noticed that the problem occurs starting with version 6.0.8314.0, version 6.0.8295.0 works correctly

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
by (136k points)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! It looks like the "workaround for yet another form of wrong Content-Disposition parameter encoding" (introduced in 6.0.8314) is triggering this error due to a bug. Apparently, the code is unable to handle some forms of wrongly-encoded MIME parameters. We will fix this for the next release. If you would like to get a hotfix in the meantime, please let me know.

by (140 points)
Thank you for the answer, I would like to get the hotfix so that I can test it
by (136k points)
Please try the preview of the next version of Rebex Total Pack: https://www.rebex.net/getfile/d31c8b7380154c8088435b0983f967dd/RebexTotalPack-R6.11-RC1-Trial.zip
(This is a trial version - if you already have a Rebex license, contact us at support@rebex.net to get the full version.)
...