0 votes
by (120 points)

Hi Team,

I have downloaded RebexTinySftpServer-Binaries-Latest and trying to setting up my console application to test the sftp client using rsa key based authentication but i'm receiving the below error:

Rebex.Net.SftpException: 'A public key corresponding to the supplied private key was not accepted by the server or the user name is incorrect.'

I have seen most of the Q/A asked in forum but it couldn't help me. so, I need you guidance to solve it asap.

Regards,
Mayank

Applies to: Tiny SFTP Server
by (120 points)
Hi Lukas,
I have followed the same steps but still same error persists.

Regards,
Mayank Jain
by (1.9k points)
Hi Mayank,

Could you provide us with relevant part of the source code (client) you are using, as well as Tiny SFTP Server configuration? Use support@rebex.net if you prefer. Also make sure to remove any sensitive information, e.g. private key (unless not used anywhere else and you plan to replace them).
by (120 points)
Hi Lukas,
I have shared the required details yesterday to support@rebex.net, have you got a chance to look into it.
by (1.9k points)
Hi Mayank,

We haven't received any email from you yesterday. Can you please double check the address you used and try again?
by (120 points)
Hi Lukas,
I'm sending a copy of it, again to support@rebex.net.
by (120 points)
Hi Lukas I apologies for same, Actually yesterday it was left in my outbox due to high size of attachment, so, i have sent you again. can you please look it.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (1.9k points)

Hi Mayank,

On the server side, make sure you set the following values in RebexTinySftpServer.exe.config correctly:

• userName matches the value used in the client
  • userPassword is set to "" (empty string)
  • userPublicKeyDir is set to a directory where user's public key is saved (check there are no warnings when you start the server)

Setting Log level to Verbose might also help to diagnose the issues.

Hope this helps

by (120 points)
Hi Lukas,

Can you please confirm me, have you looked into the source code and config file which i have shared with you.
by (1.9k points)
Hi Mayank,

As already answered in the email, we haven't received any email with attachments. We can provide an alternative, e.g. SFTP drop, if you are interested. Please contact us via email.