0 votes
by (200 points)
edited

VB.NET 2005

I have been using the FTP and SFTP for a while with no issues. Now i need to also use SSL/FTP. My references are all under c:program filesrebextotal pack for .net 2.0\

FTP SLL for .NET 2.0\bin\rebex.net.ftp.dll   3.0.4086.0
FTP SSL for .NET 2.0\bin\rebex.net.proxysocket.dll   2.0.4086.0
FTP SSL for .NET 2.0\bin\rebex.security.dll   1.5.4086.0

SFTP for .NET 2.0\bin\rebex.net.sftp.dll   2.0.4086.0
SFTP for .NET 2.0\bin\rebex.net.ssh.dll   2.0.4086.0

But, when i try to dim a new ftp:

dim xFTP as new rebex.net.ftp
xftp.connect(xserver,990,nothing,rebex.net.tpsecurity.explicit)

i receive an error: Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'Connect' accepts this number of arguments.

Which is really strange because as i typing in everything it is explaining each argument.

Any Ideas?

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL

3 Answers

0 votes
by (144k points)
edited

There are two editions of Rebex.Net.Ftp.dll - one comes from "Rebex FTP/SSL for .NET" and the other one comes from "Rebex FTP for .NET". Only the FTP/SSL edition supports this variant of Connect method. The filename and version of the two DLLS is the same, but you can distinguish them by right-clicking the DLL in Windows Explorer and selecting "Properties" - their description differs.

Alternatively, download and install Rebex FTP/SSL into a new folder - that will install the right DLLs.

0 votes
by (200 points)
edited

I understand that, but my reference is only to the FTP SSL for .NET 2.0 Rebex.ftp.dll, which my understanding is has both FTP and FTP/SSL. And i can't include both in my project because both are named the same for the DLL.

by (144k points)
edited

If the 4-parameter variant of Ftp.Connect method is missing, it really looks like it's Rebex FTP DLL. not Rebex FTP/SSL DLL (another difference is the absence of Secure metod or TlsSocket property).

You don't hve to include both variants of the DLL in your projects because Rebex FTP/SSL DLLs supports both plain and SSLified variants of FTP protocol. Installing Rebex FTP/SSL in a new folder and copying the DLLs over would ensure that you have the correct ones.

And some good news: In the next release, there will only be one FTP DLL with FTP/SSL support.

0 votes
by (200 points)
edited

Interesting. I removed (from Control Panel) the Rebex FTP program. I then reinstalled the total pack 2.0. i then made sure the references were correct and i tried to do the .secure - it said i had to include SecureSocket. When i included that the 4 argument connect worked. So, i beleive it is now working. Thanks.