0 votes
by (120 points)
edited

I've successfully used the Rebex File Transfer Pack in Visual Studio 2008 using C#. Unfortunatly I have an old SSIS package written in VB 2005 that needs to be updated to use the Transfer Pack . Everything I'm about to describe was done on my laptop running Windows 7. I placed the DLL's in C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL Server90SDKAssemblies. I registered the DLL's in C:Windowsassembly. I can open the SSIS package, go to "Design Script" and added all the references with no problem. When I add the line "Imports Rebex.Net" and exit the design screen. I get the error on the main sreen "The task is configured to pre-compile the script, but binary code is not found....". If I set the pre-compile to false the error goes away but the package won't run. I put a break on the first line in Main() and it just comes right back as packaged failed.

I've spent half a day trying to figure this out. Any ideas?

Applies to: File Transfer Pack

1 Answer

0 votes
by (18.0k points)
edited

That's really strange. Using of Rebex DLLs from SSIS in Visual Studio 2005 should work without problems, we've tested it several times.

The error "The task is configured to pre-compile the script, but binary code is not found" usually occurs when the DLLs are not found in the "c:Program Files (x86)Microsoft SQL Server90SDKAssemblies" folder.

Please make sure that the used Rebex DLLs are compiled for .NET 2.0 framework and placed into .NET 2.0 GAC (c:windowsassembly). There are two distribution packages of Rebex components (.NET 2.0/3.0/3.5 and .NET 4.0) and the 4.0 version does not work in SSIS. Anyway, using .NET 4.0 DLLs won't probably fire the error you've reported.

I'd suggest you to create your own simple class library, compile it to DLL, try to use it from your SSIS 2005 package and observe whether the same error occurs.