0 votes
by (140 points)
edited by

We noticed that the Buru SFTP server v1.7.3 x86 version accepts all capitalized username at login in our prod system. Basically this version is case-insensitive as far as the username is concerned.

This causes some confusions because on our test system we installed the server's 64bit v1.7.3 version and that enforces the correct case for username.

We would like to install the server's v1.7.3 64bit version on our prod system but not sure how to export/import the user database.

Can you give us a detailed description to how to achieve this "side"-grade?

Appreciate your help!

Applies to: Buru SFTP Server

1 Answer

0 votes
by (1.9k points)

The user database is the same for 32 and 64 bit so you can simply copy the file config/users.ldb from one installation to another.

Hope it helps

by (140 points)
Lukas,
Thank you for your comment on the users database we will keep that in mind for future reference.

HOWEVER, it turned out that the original problem regarding username case sensitivity/insensitivity is caused by a setting in the Config/config.yaml file!

We just needed to set "usernameCaseSensitive: true" and that solved our problem without reinstalling buru.

I updated the title of this question to better relate to the solution we were looking for.

Best regards!
by (1.9k points)
I'm glad to hear!
by
Is this feature (to control case sensitivity of user names) still available in version 2.10.2?  I have modified the configuration yaml to add the following...

users:
   usernameCaseSensitive: true

But this isn't accepted.  I know that having usernames differ only in case isn't a great practice, but we are migrating a set of accounts that include at least one such case.

Thanks for any help we can get.
by (1.9k points)
Hi,

usernames are case-insensitive and the `usernameCaseSensitive` option has been removed since version 1.8.0 (https://www.rebex.net/doc/buru-sftp-server/release-notes/#180-2020-07-16)