0 votes
by (170 points)
edited

I am trying to use the Rebex SFTP library (trial version) in the Rackspace Cloud, which works in a "modified medium trust". This is medium trust with SocketPermission and OleDbPermission and something else related to databases. When I call the SFTP Connect method, it fails because it requires FileIOPermission, which is something is denied. Is it possible to have a version which does not require FileIOPermission?

Here's the stack trace: why do you try reading the Assembly location? Is that for licensing purposes? It just does not work.

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() at System.Reflection.Assembly.get_Location() at cfDEPv.blAlGPZ.COzXmRZ() at cfDEPv.blAlGPZ.AiWkiLZ() at Rebex.Net.Sftp.beYqct() at Rebex.Net.Sftp.Connect(String serverName, Int32 serverPort, SshParameters parameters) at Rebex.Net.Sftp.Connect(String serverName) at Antea.ECG.NetworkProtocols.SFTP.Connect()

Applies to: Rebex SFTP
by

hello, i am having this same issue, can you please send me the link as well ? i should say im looking for the .NET 4.0 version not the 2.0 version... thank you !!!

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
edited

Best answer

Yes, the trial version reads the assembly location (and then the assembly itself) for the purpose of trial license key validation. We plan to change this in one of the next releases.

I sent a link to your e-mail to a trial build of Rebex SFTP that doesn't need to do this. Please give it a try and let us know whether it solves the issue!

by

hello, i am having this same issue, can you please send me the link as well ? i should say im looking for the .NET 4.0 version not the 2.0 version... thank you !!!