0 votes
by (180 points)
edited by

I'm using Rebex FTP/SSl trial version for testing.
I can login to the FTP server requires implicit SSL, get file list, but not download files. The component always reports the following error:

File action is not taken (450)

The code is like this:

Dim ftp As New Ftp

ftp.Settings.SslServerName = myServer
ftp.Connect(FtpIp, 990, SslMode.Implicit)
ftp.Login(FtpAcc, FtpPw)

ftp.GetFile(FileName, targetFileName)

But I CAN download files from the FTP server via other FTP client. Could anyone tell me what went wrong? (Trial period expired? Limited file transfer?) Any setting might be relevant to this?

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL

2 Answers

0 votes
by (58.9k points)

In this case please create two logs - one from Rebex FTP/SSL as described at http://www.rebex.net/kb/logging/
and the otherfrom the succesful third party FTP client and then either post logs here, or send it to support@rebex.net.

Seeing both logs, we could spot what Rebex FTP does differently than the other FTP client and for sure help you solve this issue! Thanks.

Actually, the trial version fucnionality is not limited in any way, so this is not the cause of the problem. The trial expires after 30 days and then you would get a different exception.

+1 vote
by (180 points)

I found out why. It's not the component's fault but my code.
I have a typo in the code that gets file names from file list. So the variable FileName stores a file name that not exist.

Sorry for bothering you guys here. The only thing I can say is that the error message is quite misleading...

by (58.9k points)
edited by
Good to hear you solved it.  The error message "File action is not taken (450)" actually comes from the FTP server that you are connecting to! So we suggest you to report that the message is misleading to the FTP server vendor. We also believe it would be more accurate in this case if server reported e.g. "File does not exist."