0 votes
by (120 points)

Hello,

I've a software in prod using an old version of Rebex and I've this error when opening an MSG file:

System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail] : Error while parsing compound MSG file. (le détail de l'erreur est égal à ExceptionDetail, probablement créé par IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=True, dont la valeur est :
Rebex.Mail.MailException: Error while parsing compound MSG file. ----> 99RMJ.1B4izIZ: MSG file doesn't contain data stream for the InferenceMessageIdentifier property (ID:0x80120048).
   à 99RMJ.RsPm8.rHpLbZ()
   à 99RMJ.SWNpk.1FV9lG(String , 1eXGET )
   à 99RMJ.RsPm8.rHpLbZ()
   à 99RMJ.SWNpk.aD5XxZ(kkVvqZ )
   à 99RMJ.SWNpk.aD5XxZ(Stream )
   à Rebex.Mail.MailMessage.Load(Stream input)
   --- Fin du suivi de la pile ExceptionDetail interne ---
   à Rebex.Mail.MailMessage.Load(Stream input)
   à Rebex.Mail.MailMessage.Load(String fileName)

The Rebex.Mail.dll version is: 2.0.4546.0
It seems, looking on your history page, this is the version 2012 R2

Do you know why this happend ? And how to know if it's fixed with the latest version ?

Thank you for your help
Fabrice

1 Answer

0 votes
by (70.2k points)

The exception refers to a problem when loading the .msg file:

MSG file doesn't contain data stream for the
InferenceMessageIdentifier property (ID:0x80120048).

So this would not be fixed in the current release. This seems to be a corrupted or invalid .msg file. Are you able to open the file using the Outlook?

It seems the InferenceMessageIdentifier is some custom property and the creator doesn't include the data for it. So either value of the InferenceMessageIdentifier is missing or should be empty.

Is it possible for you to send us the .msg file for analysis to support@rebex.net? We can add a workaround to assume the property is empty instead of missing.

by (120 points)
The email can be opened in Outlook as it's an Outlook email which is saved (MailItem.SaveAs) then sent to our server which use Rebex to open and analyse the To/From/Cc.

I just checked and it's event more strange because on my dev environment (local machine) rebex can open the mail without problem, so it only happen on the production environment. The customer fw me the email as attachment, so the email should be the same. I'll try to retrieve the msg file directly on the production environment and check if I can reproduce the problem locally.
by (70.2k points)
It seems the InferenceMessageIdentifier is used by a SPAM or ANTI-VIRUS layer, so it can be related to one specific machine.

If you have the problematic message (taken from your production), please zip it and send it to support@rebex.cz for analysis. I think we are able to add a workaround to handle this specific error.