0 votes
by (120 points)
edited

Hi

I am getting error during connecting to ftp server. I got in czech language - "Při vyhledávání v databázi došlo k nezotavitelné chybě". Translated to english it means something like this: "An unrecoverable error occured while searching in the database"

i created a log file:

2014-12-12 12:03:25.609 INFO Ftp(2)[7] Info: Connecting to www.e-to.sk:21 using Ftp 4.0.4700.0.
2014-12-12 12:03:25.613 INFO Ftp(2)[7] Info: Using proxy none.
2014-12-12 12:03:25.669 ERROR Ftp(2)[7] Info: Rebex.Net.FtpException: Při vyhledávání v databázi došlo k nezotavitelné chybě ---> Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: Při vyhledávání v databázi došlo k nezotavitelné chybě ---> Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: Při vyhledávání v databázi došlo k nezotavitelné chybě ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Při vyhledávání v databázi došlo k nezotavitelné chybě
   v System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
   v System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
   v System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
   v gbMKS.1jhJGoZ.ace8f(String , IPAddress , Int32 )
   --- Konec trasování zásobníku pro vnitřní výjimku ---
   v gbMKS.1jhJGoZ.ace8f(String , IPAddress , Int32 )
   v gbMKS.1jhJGoZ.hmDy9(IAsyncResult , String )
   v gbMKS.1jhJGoZ.1QP6MBZ(IAsyncResult , Int32 )
   v Rebex.Net.ProxySocket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   v gbMKS.l7gsR..ctor(Ftp ftp, ISocketFactory factory, String serverName, Int32 serverPort)
   v Rebex.Net.Ftp.2eOMSNZ(String , Int32 , TlsParameters , FtpSecurity )
   v Rebex.Net.Ftp.2eOMSNZ(String , Int32 , TlsParameters , FtpSecurity )

can you help me, where can be problem? thank you very much

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL

1 Answer

0 votes
by (58.9k points)
edited

Hello,

I have tried this simple code to connect to your FTP server and at my computer it worked just fine:

Ftp ftp = new Ftp();

ftp.Connect("www.e-to.sk", 21);
ftp.Disconnect();

Based on the stacktrace you provided, it seems that the problem is caused by the .NET Socket which Rebex FTP uses to communicate with the server and so it does not seem to be an error caused directly by Rebex components but rather the problem will have to be solved on the underlying (system .NET) layer on the computer where you are running the program.

However, I searched the internet and found others have already stumbled accross this issue - the error most probably corresponds to socket error code 10003 (WSANO_RECOVERY) - see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms740668(v=vs.85).aspx for more details.

At stackoverflow there is a discussion about the same problem exerienced with the System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry method - based on these answers please try the following:

• try to run your program with administrator's permissions. Right click your .NET Command and pick "Run as Administrator". Does it make any difference or do you still get the same error?

• please also make sure the program is run from local hard drive, not from a network drive.

If none of the above helps, please let us know.