0 votes
by (150 points)
edited

I've downloaded the Rebex SFTP Trial for .Net Compact Framework Version 3.5. None of the Samples work.

I've getting a TypeLoadException "File or assembly name 'Rebex.Sftp, Version=3.0.4444.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1C4638788972655D', or one of its dependencies, was not found.".

The Rebex Dll's are copied to the current program location on the Mobile Device.

What's wrong ?

Applies to: Rebex SFTP

2 Answers

0 votes
by (58.9k points)
edited

Best answer

We provided a fix to this issue and now the CF trial dlls work just fine. Sorry for the inconvenience. You can now download them as usual at the trial page.

(The same problem with CF trial dlls has also been discussed at this forum post.)

0 votes
by (58.9k points)
edited

I quite was not able to replicate the problem you describe. How can we replicate it?

Make sure that the dlls are placed into the same folder as the program.

Then check whether the dlls have the same version numbers (Version=3.0.4444.0).

Open the Rebex solution with SFTP CF samples and try to rebuild it. Then copy the dll's and the .exe file into the desired directory on the Mobile Device.

by (150 points)
edited

The problem is that the Ctor of the SFTP-Class is never reached. (See Screen 1)

I've verified the Version of the DLL's... they are equal. (See Screen 2)

What can i do now?

Screen 1: http://holschen.net/rebex/MissingMethodException.PNG

Screen 2: http://holschen.net/rebex/Copy.PNG

by (58.9k points)
edited

Hello, we were able to replicate this issue and we are working hard on a solution to this. We will inform you as soon as we solve it. It seems that there is a problem with the signing of our CF dlls.

by (58.9k points)
edited

Hello TBH, it really turned out to be an issue with Windows Mobile devices, which were not able to load our trial signed assemblies. This did not affect the full version, however, thank you for reporting it to us! I sent you an email with fixed assemblies, please give it a try and let us know whether it solved the problem.