0 votes
by (120 points)

Hi,
I am using RebexSecureMail-2015R3.1-Full for my smtp sending purpose and facing memory leak problem.
I download RebexSecureMailLegacyCF-R5.9-Trial.exe and test smtp sending on a simple project(C#) and it works fine(no memory leak).
However, if I integrate it into my actual project(C#), the memory leak appear.
Then I try to debug and find out what in my project makes it happen.
Finally I found it happens if any native(VC) API(even an empty one) is invoked once and memory stop leaking if no native(VC) API is invoked.
I don't understand what's wrong with it.
Can you help with that? Thanks!

Jerry Huang

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (144k points)

Hi,

If the memory leaks when native API is invoked, and does not leak when the native API is invoked, then either the native API is used incorrectly, or there is a memory leak issue in the native API.

Unfortunately, with no access to your code or your application, I'm afraid we can't help you with this unless you provide a way for us to reproduce the issue.

In Rebex libraries, we call lot of native Windows APIs as well, and as of R5.9, we are not aware of any leaks in our library. (Although we are aware of several leaks in Windows CE 6.0/7.0 that do affect our libraries as well, and which won't ever be fixed because Windows CE 6.0/7.0 already reached end-of-life.)

by (130 points)
Thanks Lukas