0 votes
by (120 points)
edited

Hi Please tell me what is the Pre-requisite to connect with the client machine. Just i downloaded the trails version of RebexFtpSsl-Trial-3.0.4086.0-DotNet2.0. I installed on both machine client machine and server machine. But when i am going to connect i am getting an error.

ftp.Connect("192.168.0.4"); // Error

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

Please tell me the solution.

what i should install on client Machine. I am very new Here. Please

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
edited

This exception usually means that the server is not reachable or a wrong address is used. It is thrown when a connection attempt times out at the TCP stack level. Check out its entry at WinSock Error Reference page for possible reasons and suggestions.

Are you able to connect using any other FTP client such as Windows command prompt ftp utility? Just run ftp 192.168.0.4 in command line and let us know whether it works or whether you get an error similar to the one reported by Rebex FTP/SSL.

To make sure your copy of Rebex FTP/SSL actually works, try connecting to "ftp.rebex.net" - that's an FTP server we set up for testing purposes.