0 votes
by (120 points)
edited

Within the SSIS pacakge of a job, we use VB.NET script with ftp commands to transfer files. I would like to use Rebex because of its SFTP and FTPS capability. We build the jobs via our clients but I would like to know what needs to be installed on the server when the package job runs. I am under the impression that we would only have to install DLL's. Just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance

Applies to: Rebex SFTP

1 Answer

0 votes
by (18.0k points)
edited

Our knowledge base article describes configuring Rebex DLLs for executing on client (BIDS). In that situation you have to install DLLs both to the SQL Server SDK folder and to the GAC.

When running the SSIS package in runtime (by calling the DTExec.exe or using a SQL Server Agent), the installation into GAC only is sufficient.

by
edited

what if we're running the package in SQL Server Agent (instead of DTExec.exe) only? do we then only need to install to GAC as well?

by (18.0k points)
edited

I'm sorry but we have no experiences when executing SSIS package from SQL Server Agent.

If you'd appreciate, we would create a testing environment and try verify, where the DLLs should be located, when executing package from SQL Server Agent.

by (18.0k points)
edited

I did additional investigations today with the following result: Running the package in SQL Server Agent needs to install DLLs only to GAC as well as when using DTExec.exe utility.