0 votes
by (270 points)
edited

Hello,

I am using Rebex.NET library for crawling email accounts from gmail/yahoo/hotmail and our company domain also. What I have observed that sometimes it gives exception of Account exceeded bandwidth limits. (Failure) (NO). while connecting to HOTMAIL/GMAIL account. But most of the time it works fine. How to resolve this issue because this has happened on production system as well.

Regards Sanjay

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
by (13.0k points)
edited

Hello, the "Account exceeded bandwidth limits." is a message which comes from Hotmail or Gmail IMAP server. Probably (but I'm only guessing) your application is download so much content that it triggered this error.

Following post at Google support forum is discussing this exact topic: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google%20Apps/thread?tid=0ece6b37ff80c552&hl=en

I would recommend modifying your application so it downloads the message more slowly. For example pause your application after each message download for some time.

Alternatively you can try to ask Google/Yahoo if bandwidth limit for your account can be increased.

by (270 points)
edited

Thanks for quick reply.

Can you suggest how i can modify my application to download the messages sslowly? Also this gmail account i have created recently and it contains only 15 mails.

by (13.0k points)
edited

@radioactive: Edited answer and included hints how to download more slowly. As for 15 mails: How big are those emails? How many times did you downloaded them? Is the gmail account associated with Google App suite or is it a standalone gmail account? The bandwidth limit can be applied to the all account associated with a single Google App suite. This is a error message created by Gmail - you have to ask Google why it was triggered. We can only guess, sorry :-(

by (270 points)
edited

Thanks Martin. Thats fine with me. Email messages are very simple without any attachment. But through REBEX.NET we have crawled this account so many times.