0 votes
by (150 points)

Hi,

I'm unable to create the HttpRequestCreator within my VB.net compact 3.5 project.

Anytime I try it complains and gives the following message:

Reference required to assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' containing the implemented interface 'System.Net.IWebRequestCreate'. Add one to your project.

I've tried this on C# and that doesnt have an issue, see the below screesnhot for a comparison.

Thanks,
Gary

enter image description here

Applies to: Rebex HTTPS
by (150 points)
Ah never mind!  Only just realised after going to the Downloads section there is a separate download for compact frameworks. The error is now gone :)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
selected by

Best answer

In case other users run into the same issue:

Since September 2019, Rebex components for .NET Compact Framework are no longer available in our standard packages. Instead, we have introduces a separate "Legacy Edition" with separate lifecycle, packages and pricing. For more information, see:

To download a trial for .NET CF, do not click the "Download 30-day free trial" download button. Instead, click "Click here for more trial download options" link or go to the "Download" page and choose "Rebex [ProductName] (Legacy) for .NET Compact Framework (30-day trial)" download.

(On a related note: The b77a5c561934e089 PublicKeyToken indicates a ".NET Framework" DLL. .NET Compact Framework DLLs use 1c4638788972655d PublicKeyToken instead.)