0 votes
by (180 points)

Hello

Due to cipher updates done on Windows 2016 server in Bitwise, my rebex .NET code to connect to this server using SFTP is failing, due to below error -
"The client and the server have no common algorithms"

I was told that I might need to update Rebex. Currently I am using Assembly Rebex.Sftp, Version=3.0.4444.0

Can someone please advise, which version do I need to update my rebex to ?
Also do we have any documentation about how to upgrade ? Will it need license purchase ?

I would appreciate any help here.

My code ->
Sftp ftp = null;
ftp = new Sftp();
ftp.Connect(selectedServer);

Where Sftp is Assembly Rebex.Sftp, Version=3.0.4444.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1c4638788972655d

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)

Rebex SFTP 3.0.4444 is more than 10 years old, and is unlikely to work with up-to-date servers unless legacy ciphers are enabled at the server side (which is strongly discouraged).

We recommend upgrading to the latest version, which supports modern ciphers and has been tested with contemporary servers. It targets .NET Framework 3.5 and later.

The current version retains most of 3.0.4444's APIs, but check out this release note that describes some changes that might affect you. In any case, if you have any troubles upgrading due to compile warnings, or if the new version does not seem to work, contact us and we will assist you with the migration.

If your support contract expired years ago, you will need to purchase a new license.
(Note: If your application uses .NET Framework 2.0, you will have to purchase the Legacy Edition)

by (180 points)
Thank you for your response.
Since we have been using this dll since long time, I am not sure if contract is expired or no.

So I have 2 questions ->
1) How to find out if contract is expired ?

2) In case If contract is expired, which license do I need to purchase ? My need for Rebex is very basic. I just need rebex to get put the file to and from server, I don't need other features.
Sftp ftp = null;
ftp = new Sftp();
ftp.Connect(selectedServer);
In this scenario, what version can I upgrade to ? What cost reasonable choices do I have ?
by (1.7k points)
Hi,
could you please write us directly to: support@rebex.net?
I will help you to find your old license, check the status of your support contract and to find the best way of upgrade based on that information.
Thank you!