we are trying the FTP/SSL library for .NET Compact Framework, which seems to be ok for our vending machine application.
The library is very nice, but if we make a stress-test we can see a memory leak....
Of course, we didn't allocate memory at runtime, we have done the following things:
1 - Create Ftp item
2 - On a Timer Tick (tick every 30 seconds) we do:
- ftp.Connect(); and ftp.Login(..) to server
- ftp.GetList(); Function to retrieve the remote files/folders List
- Upload a File (about 500Kb) with ftp.PutFile(..) function
- Download the uploaded file with ftp.GetFile(..) function
- Rename the uploaded (remote) file with ftp.Rename(..) function
- Delete the uploaded (remote) file with ftp.DeleteFile(..) function
In about 1 Day we can see the memory goes down of about 10Mbytes, and it it very strange... Of course we cannot use the library in this mode..
There are some objects that we must free from memory manually?
Thank You in advance