0 votes
by (290 points)
edited

Hi, I have never used Rebex product but in my current project I have to convert Rebex Email to Microsoft Exchange Webservices (EWS) Managed API 2.2. I am struggling in finding the equivalent classes in EWS that are correlated to Rebex classes. This is my first attempt in identifying them. Please let me know if I am on the right track.

Rebex ImapMessageInfo = EWS MailMessage Rebex MailMessage = ????? Rebex ImapFolderCollection = ????

What is the difference between MailMessage vs. ImapMessageInfo?

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (144k points)
edited by

Best answer

MailMessage represents a whole MIME (.eml) or Outlook (.msg) message, while ImapMessageInfo represents a more-or-less complete information about the message retreived from the IMAP server (it does not contain attachments, for example, although it may contain information about attachments and message HTML and text bodies).

Unfortunately, we are no experts on EWS Managed API. It's also somewhat beyond the scope of our support - it's a third-party component after all.

However, we are currently working on an alternative to EWS Managed API - it uses the same Exchange Web Services API internally, but we aim to implement a Rebex-like API on top of it. A beta is available at Rebex Labs and although it's not yet feature-complete, it is already usable for a lot of scenarios. Perhaps you would like to give it a try?

UPDATE January 2016:

An alternative to Microsoft Managed EWS API called Rebex EWS has been released as part of Rebex Secure Mail 2016 R1. It features the similar API as our SMTP, IMAP and POP3 clients, so for people familiar with our mail components working with Exchange Web Services should be a much smoother experience. Download a free trial and give it a try.

by (290 points)
edited

Thank you for the answer.