0 votes
by (140 points)
edited

Hi

I'm using Rebex to connect to an IMAP server. When getting the list of messages on a customers account, there is an email that causes an exception. If I remove the email from the Inbox the exception does not happen. This is the message:

Rebex.Net.ImapException was caught   HResult=-2146233088   Message=Unable to parse server response.   Source=Rebex.Imap   StackTrace:
       ved Rebex.Net.XM..ctor(YM A, ImapResponse B, Boolean C, Encoding D)
       ved Rebex.Net.XM..ctor(YM A, ImapResponse B, Boolean C, Encoding D)
       ved Rebex.Net.XM.I(String A, ImapResponse B, Encoding C)
       ved Rebex.Net.Imap.MU(ImapResponseLine A, ImapResponse B, Encoding C, Int32& D)
       ved Rebex.Net.Imap.OU(ImapMessageCollection A, ImapResponse B, Int32 C, UInt32 D, Encoding E, Int64 H)
       ved Rebex.Net.Imap.KU(ImapMessageCollection A, ImapMessageSet B, Int32 C, UInt32 D, Boolean E, String H, Int64 I)
       ved Rebex.Net.Imap.JV(ImapMessageSet A, Int32 B, Boolean C, Int64 D, Int32 E)
       ved Rebex.Net.Imap.VV(ImapMessageSet A, ImapListFields B)
       ved Rebex.Net.Imap.GetMessageList()
       ved SmarterMailWpfTest.ImapController..ctor() i C:\Users\mpa.DUKAPC\Desktop\MPA Backup\Dokumenter\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SmarterMailWpfTest\SmarterMailWpfTest\ImapController.vb:linje 30   InnerException:

If I try to guess the sequencenumber of the email then I can get a hold of it, but it doesn't seem like the right solution. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)

Please create a communication log using Imap object 's LogWriter property (see http://www.rebex.net/kb/logging.aspx for details) and post it here. With the log, we should be able to tell what went wrong and provide a solution. Thanks!