0 votes
by (140 points)
edited

I have downloaded the trial version of Rebex.Net. On my machine I managed to get it working to transfer a file over to my client. Now I am trying to do the same on the server using SSIS script. It lets me add reference to the components and accepts the code but when I run it it gives an error that the component is not found. When I go to edit the script the components have been removed from the references.

how do I resolve this please?

Applies to: Rebex SFTP

1 Answer

0 votes
by (58.9k points)
edited

Are you sure that you have added Rebex dll's into the production server's GAC (global assembly cache)? This could possibly be the cause of the problem. A more detailed tutorial on how to use Rebex SFTP and FTP/SSL components from an SSIS script is available.

If you're still stuck with the problem, let us know.

by (140 points)
edited

Thanks for the link but I still have a problem. I found the dlls in C:Program Files (x86)Rebex Components 2013 R1binnet-4.0 , but under SQL server90 I do not have SDK . I have folders'Shared' and 'EULA'. the SDK folder I found was here C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0SDKv3.5Bin

Q1 Where should I put the dlls please? Q2 I looked for gacutil.exe and cannot find it on the server. How do I add the dlls to GAC please?

by (58.9k points)
edited

For the production server it should be enough to add Rebex dll's into the GAC. See 'How do I install the component into Global Assembly Cache (GAC)?' forum post for a detailed tutorial.