0 votes
by (160 points)

Hello Rebex Community,
I know that this question does not belong here, but it may still be that Rebex offers a solution to the problem.
I want to establish a VPN (L2TP) connection in Ce7. Is there anything in the Rebex library? If no, you might have an idea where to find such a library?
Currently I'm trying it on OpenNetCF but it seems to me to be incompatible for CE7 ...
Thank you very much
Best regards
Saphymo

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)

Hello,

We just added a simple connection-establishing API, an it looks like extending this to support VPNs might be quite straightforward. We will give this a try and let you know soon.

by (160 points)
reshown by
Hello, what is the current situation? Can I hope for the help of Rebex?
by (5.1k points)
Hi Saphymo,
as my colleague Lukas promised,  we will give this a try. We are now busy with another tasks, so please expect the beta build near the end of the november. Please be aware that Windows CE 7 Connection manager may have some bugs or incompatible changes (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37971229/windows-embedded-compact-7-connection-manager), so do not set your hope too high, because it is not feasible for us to solve all problems on all possible builds/flavors of Windows CE 7 for specific devices.

In the meantime, could you please describe what is wrong with OpenNetCF? Do you have problems only with connection manger, or you were not able to compile/reference OpenNetCF on Win CE7 at all?
by (160 points)
Hello Rebex community,
many thanks for your help. I did not expect this.
As far as OpenNetCF.dll is concerned, there are problems in the Dial function in which calling RasSetEntryProperties + RasDial (called from coredll.dll) does not work.
A connection node is created and tries to connect to the server but the connection fails and sets a strange error in the operating system so that you can not establish a new connection to the server. Only a restart of the system resets the error.
Yours sincerely
Manuel Demandt
by (5.1k points)
edited by
Hi Manuel,
you are welcome. Thanks for the info about OpenNetCF!  I'll keep you in the loop.
by (5.1k points)
I am noticing here that we are continuing our discussion using the Rebex support email.