Older FTP library together with recent SFTP library in same app?

0 votes
asked Jul 31, 2018 by Mindaugas (120 points)

Hi,

We have purchased FTP library more than a year ago. Now we have a new requirement to use SFTP as well, side by side with FTP, in the same application.

I'm testing the SFTP library (trial version) in our app, but I can only get either FTP or SFTP working, not both. As I understand, FTP and SFTP rely on shared dlls: "Rebex.Common.dll" and "Rebex.Networking.dll". And even more, each requires some specific version of these. So if I keep older version of shared DLLs, only FTP component works and if I copy over the newer version, only the SFTP component works.

As I understand, we cannot download newest version of FTP library, as the purchase was made more than a year ago. Is there an upgrade option instead of full re-purchase?
OR can we purchase older version of SFTP, which would be compatible with v2.5.6391.0 of "Rebex.Common.dll" and "Rebex.Networking.dll"?

Thanks,
Mindaugas

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL, Rebex SFTP

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jul 31, 2018 by Frantisek Bosek (740 points)

Hi,

you can either buy (new) Rebex SFTP and use its older version, or you need to update your old FTP/SSL by renewing its support contract (recommended).
You can also upgrade your old FTP/SSL to Rebex File Transfer Pack which contains both FTP/SSL and SFTP (plus File Server), so you will always have the same version of both products.
Please contact us on: sales@rebex.net to receive an upgrade offer.