0 votes
by (270 points)

I cannot establish a connection to one of our customer's server. Exception message is: Rebex.Net.SftpException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found -> Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found -> Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found -> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.

The FileZilla can connect to this server just fine. I'd like stress out that the Connect method throws the aforementioned exception.

I would appreciate any assistance on this problem.

Best regards,

M. Inam
applied Technologies GmbH

Applies to: Rebex SFTP

1 Answer

0 votes
by (70.2k points)

The exception is related to system socket exception, probably WSANO_DATA. It seams there is a problem with your DNS server. I also found on the internet, that this error was caused by forgotten semicolon at the end of server address.

Please:
1. check that you write server address correctly
2. try to specify IP address instead of sever name
3. can you please provide us the FileZilla log, so we can see what FileZilla is doing to determine correct IP address of the server