0 votes
by (120 points)

I've downloaded the 30 day free trial to evaluate the Rebex package for ftp(s) through proxy servers and am having an issue trying to ftp through an http squid proxy server (default port 3128) to vsftpd. WireShark shows the ftp welcome message "220 (vsFTPd 3.0.2)" coming across but the Rebex log does not log the welcome message and the Rebex ftp Connect API times out waiting for the welcome message. The last data in the Rebex log is the HTTP connect message "HTTP/1.0 200 Connection established". Ftp(s) directly to vsftpd works correctly. I've already tried disabling Symantec and Windows firewall to no avail. I am compiling with VS2008 and have added references to the appropriate Rebex 2015 R4.1 packages for .NET 2.0-3.5.

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL

1 Answer

0 votes
by (58.9k points)

Where did you create the WireShark log? Somewhere on the FTP server machine, near Rebex client, or somewhere along the way to Rebex client?

Please try to create two more logs - one wireshark log at the machine where the FTP client is running and another Rebex created log with LogLevel.Verbose. If you compare these two logs, do they correspond to each other?

If not, please send us both the logs to support@rebex.net for analysis.

P.S. Please note that when LogLevel.Verbose is used, the log also contains sensitive data, e.g. username and password. Before sharing it with us, make sure that you delete or ** * them from the log.