0 votes
by (750 points)
edited by

hey guys I have finally deployed my rebex application which has the trial version on my production server for testing but yesterday i got a below error with stack trace as follows :-

InnerException = System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out
Message = Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source : .Net SqlClient Data Provider

StackTrace : at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader() at IQEmailExtractor.Common.GetEmailContentByName(String iMessageName, String iClientCode, StringBuilder strLogFileBuilder)

TargetSite : Void OnError(System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Boolean, System.Action`1[System.Action])

HelpLink : No HelpLink Found

why the hell i am getting this issue when every thing is right is it becoz of rebex?? Is rebex non compatible with my zimbra server or so??? any help will be appreciated guy do it fast becoz unless i dont get bug free result i cant go for the full version so help me out of this

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
by (58.9k points)

The exception "(System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out."

definitely does not originate from Rebex components - so sorry but this is not related to Rebex directly. However, I have searched for this error and found this stackoverflow question.

The answer with most upvotes says:

The problem you are having is the query command is taking too long. I
believe that the default timeout for a query to execute is 15 seconds.
You need to set the CommandTimeout (in seconds) so that it is long
enough for the command to complete its execution. The "CommandTimeout"
is different than the "Connection Timeout" in your connection string
and must be set for each command.

In your sql Selecting Event, use the command:

e.Command.CommandTimeout = 60