0 votes
by (140 points)
edited

I am running SFTP version 2.0.4086.0. I downloaded version 2012R1 before my support contract ran out but I did not upgrade to that version in my project because things were running perfectly.

The error is occurring when I attempt to obtain a directory listing on an SFTP server. The process ran fine until last week.

The obvious question is - what do I do to fix? The full exception information is below.

Tom Dostal

Exception: System.Exception: clsSshFileTransfer::GetDirectoryListing::Error occured. ---> Rebex.Net.SftpException: Packet for non-existent channel received. ---> Rebex.Net.SshException: Packet for non-existent channel received. at Rebex.Net.SshSession.AapcLiZ(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 ) at Rebex.Net.SshSession.cDtmAOZ(cMbfbTZ , Object[] ) at Rebex.Net.SshChannel.cDtmAOZ(Boolean , cMbfbTZ , Object[] ) at Rebex.Net.SshChannel.BoomUs(BBdsJfZ ) at Rebex.Net.Sftp.AcZnHb() at Rebex.Net.Sftp.Login(String userName, String password, SshPrivateKey privateKey) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Rebex.Net.Sftp.Login(String userName, String password, SshPrivateKey privateKey)

Applies to: Rebex SFTP

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
edited

We have encountered several SFTP/SSH servers that send various non-existent channel packets (usually after a channel has already been closed) and added several workarounds, but all of these were already included in v2.0.4086.0. It's possible this is caused by another problem.

Would it be possible to create a communication log and mail it to us for analysis? Using Sftp object's LogWriter property to create a log at Verbose level would produce a log with all data we need to analyse this (and hopefully come with a solution). However, a verbose log of Login method (where the error occurs) would contain your username and password in hexadecimal form. If you can't share this information with us, either delete this part of the log, or let me know - we can prepare a hotfix that only logs the information we actually need in order to understand what is going on at the server.