Missing HTML content when parsing email sent from Android

+1 vote
asked Oct 2, 2013 by Jakub Bartkowiak (420 points)
edited Jan 2, 2014

Here is a sample email sent from Android device (Galaxy Tab i think). Resulting MailMessage object is missing BodyHtml property but here is the result when openning the file in Outlook:

alt text

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Oct 2, 2013 by Tomas Knopp (58,890 points)
edited Jan 2, 2014

Best answer

UPDATE: We have added a workaround into Rebex Secure Mail which adds support for such malformed EML. The workaround was released as part of Rebex Secure Mail 2013R3 version on 3/12/2013.

Thank you for a nice catch, Gralin! This is already known as a bug which appeared on Samsung Galaxy Tab devices (e.g. see this forum).

The actual problem is that the device issues emails with Content-Type "multipart/relative" (which has no sense in MIME ) instead of the correct "multipart/related".

commented Oct 2, 2013 by Tomas Knopp (58,890 points)
edited Oct 2, 2013

Please download the hotfix and give it a try. A full hotfix version is available, just write an email to support@rebex.net with your support contract details.

commented Oct 2, 2013 by Jakub Bartkowiak (420 points)
edited Oct 2, 2013

Always happy to provide sample date that will make your product move forward. I confirm that the provided hotfix fixes this particular email. If it breaks or doesn't work for any other i will let you know.

commented Dec 4, 2013 by Tomas Knopp (58,890 points)
edited Dec 4, 2013

The workaround has been released on 3/12/2013 as part of Rebex Secure Mail version 2013R3.